Aspects of the World
The Aspects of the World are a representation of different kinds of mystical elements that is bound to every single item, object or being that found in the world of Fiagia. To the inhabitants of Fiagia, these serve as the energy and lifeforce for everything.
There are 60 considered known aspects in the world, with 10 being “vanished” due to its nature.
:medius: :flamma: :flumine: :aer: :solum: :electrica: :glacies: :caelum: :silva: :lucerna: :nox: :fulgo: :vello: :aetas: :inane: :vita: :mors: :ferro: :vis: :indivisus: :amplius: :minuo: :duplico: :partio: :verto: :serenitas: :alea: :vario: :imitio: :firmus: :spatium: :ambio: :divum: :velox: :visio: :vox: :signum: :impero: :coacto: :creo: :motio: :aporia: :certus: :reicio: :tueor: :autumo: :imagino: :scio: :victus: :sanitas: :perdo: :aequum: :sano: :injuria: :sensus: :figura: :anima: :cito: :auctus: :sermo:
For a list of all aspects in Furria, check out the List of Aspects.
Each aspect is a property or a representation that entails to different aspects of the nature and rules of the world. Each aspect has an effect to other aspects depending on how they are used: as an enhancement, advancement, combined, broken down, hindered or nullified.
As not every material does not have a proper representation of every aspect that can be given unique traits, it is considered to be neutral and does not have any advantageous or disadventageous properties, being appropriately marked with an aspect of :medius: Medius.
In the game series
In any implementation of Furria inside a game, not every aspect is used and/or found inside said game as not every single aspect can be fully utilized the the game's inner process and is sometimes used to represent an item, character or skill instead for representation.
In most cases, only Elemental Aspects are used.
There are currently 60 known represented aspects of the world:
- 20 Elemental Aspects
- :medius: :flamma: :flumine: :aer: :solum: :electrica: :glacies: :caelum: :silva: :lucerna: :nox: :fulgo: :vello: :aetas: :inane: :vita: :mors: :ferro: :vis: :indivisus:
- 17 Symbolic Aspects
- :amplius: :minuo: :duplico: :partio: :verto: :serenitas: :alea: :vario: :imitio: :firmus: :spatium: :ambio: :divum: :velox: :visio: :vox: :signum:
- 13 Spiritual Aspects
- :impero: :coacto: :creo: :motio: :aporia: :certus: :reicio: :tueor: :autumo: :imagino: :scio: :victus: :sanitas:
- 10 Vanished Aspects
- :perdo: :aequum: :sano: :injuria: :sensus: :figura: :anima: :cito: :auctus: :sermo:
The Elemental Aspects are the essential aspects that makes up most of the materials found in the world and assists in the existence of all the non-elemental aspects. Each elemental aspect has a corresponding aspect crystal and sylv coin.
These aspects are further divided into five different categories.
The two Central Aspects are the most essential among all of the aspects as they dictate if there is one or multiple elemental aspects present in an object, with :medius: Medius being the state that there is one or no aspect is present, and :indivisus: Indivisus having a mix or all of the elemental aspects.
Base Aspects represent the four main elements represented in the natural world as is the one that makes up all of the aspects represented and commonly found in the world. These aspects can be fused together into fusion aspects by combining two of the base aspects. These aspects can also be gained through dissolving one of the fusion aspects.
When two base aspects are combined, these create Fusion Aspects. Unless formed through fusion, these can easily found in the worlds, already combined through natural occurence or other means. These can be broken down into their base aspects when needed.
To some, combinations of aspects would not make sense. The following chart shows how each aspect is formed, along with their aspect combination.
- :lucerna: Lucerna: A beam of light amplified through water. ( :flamma: + :flumine: )
- :electrica: Electrica: Lightning creates fire and travels from the air to the ground. ( :flamma: + :aer: )
- :nox: Nox: Light blocked by an opaque object used to create shade. ( :flamma: + :solum: )
- :glacies: Glacies: Water cooled down by cold air used to create ice. ( :flumine: + :aer: )
- :caelum: Caelum: The water cycle: evaporation and absorption. ( :flumine: + :solum: )
- :silva: Silva: From the phrase “Breath of Life”. ( :aer: + :solum: )
Natural Aspects are similar to elemental aspects where they naturally occur in the world. Unlike natural aspects, these cannot be fused into any fusion aspect nor broken down into base aspects.
Queer Aspects are primarily naturally or artificially made through the process of technology. Where :ferro: Ferro is found through identification, and :vis: Vis is found through the generation of energy. Other than that, not much is known from its history.
Symbolic Aspects relates to different interactions an object can do to another, mostly found in the objects themselves. Unlike Elemental Aspects, these do not have a physical form but can be imbued into an aspect medium instead. These aspects came from a combination of elemental aspects altogether.
Symbolic Aspects are further divided into four different categories:
Alter Aspects represents traits being adjusted by an outside influence through alteration. All of which has something to do with a facet of mathematics.
Level Aspects serves as the base for the aspects, as these can cause these adjustments to balance out, equalize, copy or completely randomize within range.
Surface Aspects represent the area or distance that covers within local or far range.
Interact Aspects compliment the surface aspects since these are interactions that can be done within an area in a certain method.
Spiritual Aspects reflects the different facets of living life, commonly found within living beings and through different kinds of sorcia. Like symbolic aspects, they can be contained inside aspect mediums. These tend to be combination of different elemental or symbolic aspects.
There are only two sub-categories for spiritual aspects:
Existence Aspects define the freedom of a being, and the ability of creation and destruction.
Corporeal Aspects points to evaluation of oneself, their emotions and view based on their experiences in life.
- The concept of aspects came in July 14, 2013. This was called “Elemental Aspects” before.
- Elemental Aspects turned into a sub-section after when the system was recreated in February 1, 2016.
- All the names of the aspects are in Latin. It was considered for all of the names to be French instead, other times each having an original name entirely.
- The idea of vanished aspects came from the fact that it was hard to think of more aspects with the old 32 aspects originally planned that is already part of the 50. A table shows the original 32 aspects.
- Some aspects undergo name changes: some only once and one aspect twice. These changes were made so it can be pronounced and remembered easier. Another table shows these name changes.
- The vanished aspects were also different before, originally called “Forgotten Aspects”. It was changed to the new standard since June 29, 2016.
- The original 10 vanished aspects with their old replacements: (in order)
- :perdo: Perdo, replaced by :aporia:
- :imitio: Imitio, replaced by :vario: and now considered as a symbolic level aspect
- :signum: Signum, replaced by :imagino: and now considered as a symbolic interactive aspect
- :serenitas: Serenitas, replaced by :motio: and now considered as a symbolic level aspect
- :sensus: Sensus, replaced by :sanitas:
- :figura: Figura, replaced by :firmus:
- :anima: Anima, replaced by :tueor:
- :cito: Cito, replaced by :impero:
- :auctus: Auctus, replaced by :silva:
- :sermo: Sermo, replaced by :vox:
- Most aspects have a corresponding inverse aspect that can possible go against them:
- With inverses:
- Inverses of itself: :vello: :fulgo: :vario: :alea: :divum: :velox: :visio: :vox:
- In rotation + vice versa:
- Elemental Base Aspects: :flamma: ⇆ :flumine: ⇆ :solum: ⇆ :aer: ⇆ :flamma:
- Symbolic Surface Aspects: :firmus: ⇆ :spatium: ⇆ :ambio: ⇆ :firmus:
- :aporia: Aporia is the only aspect with two different inverses for different reasons:
- :creo: ⇆ :aporia:, with the same concept as :motio: ⇆ :coacto:
- :impero: ⇆ :aporia:, with the idea of control vs disorder
- No inverses:
- All spiritual corporeal aspects ecept :certus: or :reicio:
- Both elemental queer aspects
- There are no aspects that started with the letters B, H, J, K, O, Q, U, W, X, Y and Z.
- The colors selected for all aspects came from the “50 popular UI swatches”, but with added saturation to all of them.
- For the original 10 forgotten aspects, ( :perdo: :imitio: :signum: :serenitas: :sensus: :figura: :anima: :cito: :auctus: :sermo: ) all of their colors came from the 2012 list of Spring/Summer pantones.
- Aspect indexes originally started from #00 before than #01: making :medius: Medius #00 and only count up to #49, despite it being 50. The value is adjusted to avoid confusion since July 26, 2018.
- All of the aspects had two symbols to represent them before: a bold version, and a regular version. The bold version is used for images while the regular version is used for text. This was dropped in favor of a new set that could be easily written by hand.
- Various Sources